Wednesday, August 25, 2010

College Stinks

Hi People,


Taking my little girl to college. I can't believe the cost of just traveling and toting the things to a college dorm. I guess I am a lucky one with having only a 6 hr drive and in state travel. I have  no idea how people in this economy are able to take their children any further. The federal and state funds don't cover moving expenses , unless there is something I don't know. If there is something the colleges don't know anything about it. They just say, "you are accepted so just get your butt here." I know that I am not the only one in this situaltion. I don't expect a free ride. However, I am a veteran of 10 years service. Doesn't that count for something?

This just adds extra stress to the fact that your child is going away for the first time. This isn't summer camp. I don't need to worry how she will be getting things back here again. I will at a minimum have to do this 8 times. It will be more like 10; in that most kids today do 5 years. This hads another 5- 10 thousand dollars to the stress of paying for college itself. Someone tell me any possible solutions. Any advice would be appreciated. It seems like it is the blind leading the blind. I know that the college isn't going to have any useful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment