Friday, September 3, 2010

Tortoise Humping

Hi People,

Took my boy and wife to Cape May Zoo for some family time last Saturday, August 28,2010. It is a great place to bring the family for a small donation, 1-3$ maybe. It was a great time with Dave (my boy) running away in the crowd and thinking it is hilarious. He like the monkey, alligators, giraffes and other "wild animables". Anyway, we went to the reptile house and saw all the cute snakes, lizard, frogs and especially turtles.

When we got to the tortoise exhibit we heard an odd sound. Sounded like nails on a chalk board. However there was also the deep heavy breathing with a loud grunt at the end. ( Some may have made this sound before while making babies.) So, we look in the pen and see a 500lb tortoise in a 69 position. The 300lb female was on the bottom and wasn't having any of that. She turned her butt around to show him how it is done in Galapagos Islands. That made the sound of nails on a chalk board sound even louder. People were swarming to the tortoise pen like it was a Beatles concert. ( I do have video and a pic and will post it ASAP.)
So where was I. Oh, She turns 180 degrees with this big humper on top and get jiggy wit it. In no time at all it was over and they headed to their tiki hut for some R&R.

Dave oblivious to all this which made it even more funny. We just said they were scratching each others backs. I have to tell you that this was one of my favorite family outing since Walt Disney Safari where the elephants were "scratching" too. Only elephants have a 6 ft pole that is quit unnerving. I felt bad for both females on these occasions. They took so much heavy abuse for 30 secs. of nothing. You human ladies have it better I hope.

Well, that is it for now. I need to text someone to get the video for this blog. It isn't too graffic and made my laugh til I cried. My sides hurt for a day or two after.

 I hope Dave doesn't suffer any emotional scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment