Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Working out/excercise with a child

Hi People,

Just a quick note. Exercising while caring for a child might seems redundant as you are exhausted at the end of the day. So, visa vie you must have had some exercise?! Then how is it that you are gaining weight. Diet may be one of the answers. A steady diet of: Peanut and Jelly, ice pops, chocolate,potato chips, cake, pizza and happy meals might have something to do with it but no.  I mean you see a child eating whatever they want and still they appear to be in great shape. They have boundless energy and even their body fat decreases as they become toddlers. They may have a little round belly but the rest of them has no flab and there is no butt. My toddler wears 3T and his pants fall down. Maybe it is just the cut of the pants but I don't think so. They have a tiny waste literally no butt. So, how come my butt and gut ( B and G) seem to be matching as my weight increases. As for my pants I don't even need a belt anymore and I haven't seen my feet in months. So, I must need more excercise.




Now I have back troubles so exercises for me is very limited. That is if I have the energy to get to a gym. Also, if I could get their what will I do with the baby? Fortunately there are gyms with childcare. However, I took my child there twice and he screamed when he went in. I mean a literal melt down. "This is normal" ,they told me. However, I know as an adult that if I did this in a public setting, then I would be in a hospital involuntarily and heavily sedated. So, I am limited to what I can do at home. I could schedule it during his nap time, I thought. When nap time came I found my self laying in bed with him. Doing what? Napping of course!!


So, if anyone has a solution to this situation, then I would really appreciate the input.

1 comment:

  1. Kids love to imitate so go ahead and exercise. Let them join in. Yoga was a favorite around here. The stretching was always accompanied by silly faces and noises. You can always work in a work out. Just make a game of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete